Bolt-on 60-85% more power to the venerable 5.0L Windsor! When Ford introduced factory fuel injection on the 1986 5.0L Mustangs, the barn doors were flung open to a new era of bolt-on performance. It was just a matter of time before these boost-friendly engines were realizing the real-world horsepower gains from the industry’s first air-to-air intercooled centrifugal superchargers: ProCharger. To this day, ProCharger is still the only manufacturer to offer an air-to-air intercooled supercharger system for the Fox-bodied 5.0Ls and the only intercooled solution for the SN-95, Windsor-powered Mustangs.
ProCharger is the only supercharger that has put completely stock 5.0L Mustangs into the 11’s and will take Windsor-based engines into the 10’s, 9’s and 8’s with the fewest engine modifications.
|High Output Intercooled System with P-1SC
||9, 11, 14 psi
|Stage II Intercooled System with D-1SC
|High Output Intercooled Tuner Kit with P-1SC
Tuner Kits: These kits make sense for someone wanting to perform custom tuning of the car and push the envelope in performance. Will most likely be experimenting with alternative fuels such as 93 octane, race fuel, E85 fuel, and methanol supplemental fuel. In addition, possibly changing engine components like heads, headers, exhaust, and cams for the engine. No tuning or fuel components provided.
Want to learn about HO vs. Stage II, Tuner Kits vs. Systems, Intercooling tech and much more? Click the button below to visit the ProCharger 101 page.
- The industry’s coolest charge air temperatures and largest power gains
- ProCharger P-1SC Head unit
- Shared 6 rib drive system
- ProCharger’s self-contained oiling design requires no external oil lines
- Large 2 core air-to-air intercooler is standard
- ProFlow anti-surge / bypass valve
- Includes ProPump and FMU
- System is 100% complete with OEM appearance and quality
- Larger 3 Core Intercooler
- Higher Boost Pressure
- Otherwise identical to HO Intercooled System
- Polished or Textured Black supercharger finish
- ProCharger P-1X, D-1SC, D-1X, and F-1 series supercharger head unit upgrade
- Helical gearset for noise reduction (P-1SC-1, P-1X, D-1SC, D-1X)
- 3-Core Air-to-Air Intercooler System Upgrade (standard with Stage II)
- 950 HP Sheet Metal Intercooler System Upgrade
- Race Bypass Valve Upgrade
- 3 year warranty available
The ProCharger P-1X and D-1X head units feature the robust, self-contained gearcase that is standard on most ProCharger models, but with a new aerodynamic compressor design that creates cooler charge air temperatures and more horsepower at the same boost level than our industry-standard P-1SC-1 and D-1SC. This higher efficiency design was engineered to be a bolt-in replacement for P-1SC-1 and D-1SC equipped systems and has even greater max-power potential.
Looking to make a purchase or a shop to install? We have a large group of dealers ready to serve you with your ProCharger needs. Click below to find a dealer near you!
Kits starting at $4,848. Pricing on these units vary by configuration. Configure your purchase now.
PLEASE NOTE: Pricing on this website reflects the June 30, 2022 Application Price Guide. No surcharges are currently in effect.
Click to call our sales staff or email us if you need any help. We will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.
Mon – Fri 8am – 5:30pm CST
Phone – (913) 338-2886
Sales Email – [email protected]
Our catalogs feature much of this detail. You can either download a copy or have one mailed to you free of charge.
California approved products for street legal use (complete systems) will have an associated CARB EO# for compliance. For a full list of California and 50 state street legal systems, click below.